Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day / Feliz Dia Del Padre

Life is truly amazing -
If you think about how lucky,
You are to be here today -
You are ahead of the game.
And though there is a little luck,
Tied to your existence,
You should also recognize -
The gift of your life in part - 
Was from your Father.
Now, I have to speak from my heart -
I am a very lucky girl.
My Father not only blessed me with life,
He gave me wisdom, knowledge and strength.
Things I have accomplished,
Are tied to support - support I received from him.
Everyday our bond grows stronger -
I gain a deeper appreciation,
At the sacrifices he made -
For my brother and I.
Happy Father's Day Dad…
This day is meant to honor you,
But I have to also thank you -
For honoring me with being my Dad.

La vida es asombrosamente sincera -
Si piensas que afortunado eres,
De estar aquí hoy -
Tu estas adelantado al juego. 
Y aunque tienes suerte,
Atada a tu existencia, 
También debes reconocer - 
El regalo de tu vida en parte - 
Fue de tu Papa. 
Ahora, tengo que hablar del corazón - 
Soy una mujer muy afortunada. 
Mi Padre no sólo me bendijo con mi vida,
El me dio sabiduría, conocimiento y la fuerza. 
Las cosas que yo he logrado,
Es por apoyo - apoyo que recibí de él. 
Diariamente nuestro relación crece más fuerte -
Aprecio más profundamente, 
Los sacrificios que hizo - 
Para mi hermano y yo. 
Feliz Día del Padre Papa… 
Este día es en honor a ti, 
Pero tengo también que dar las gracias -
Por honorarme con ser mi Papa. 
 

3 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Shirls!!!!! I love your Dad. He's an amazing man and always someone I love to be around. That goes for your Mom too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Yasi...I feel the same about your parents. Wish your Dad a Happy Father's Day from me too and give your Mom a big hug:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Sweet, Tell you’re Dad I love him like a 2nd Dad and “He’s Fired!”:}

    ReplyDelete