Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Open Doors / Abrir Puertas

The doors of the past are easier to walk through.
It's because good or bad,
we've been there and know what to expect.
In the hallway of life, there are so many doors…
and fear can appear when we contemplate
entering a new one.
How can I get a hold of this emotion,
that sometimes paralyzes me?
What is it I'm really fearing?
When I get to the core of the fear,
I realize there is nothing to truly dread.
I can create dramas, 
difficulties, "what if" scenarios -
but it's all in my head.
Nothing is real…I'm not really living.
I prefer to try, experiment, and God willing,
decisions with time are made more wisely.
There is faith in my perception, 
and this very faith is what will open the right doors.


Las puertas del pasado son mas fáciles de atravesar.
Es por que bueno o malo,
ya estuviste allí y sabes que esperar.
En el corredor de la vida, existen tantas puertas….
y el temor puede aparecer cuando contemplamos 
entrar a una nueva puerta.
¿Como puedo manejar esta emoción
que a veces puede paralizarme?
¿Que realmente me tiene ateromizada?
Cuando encuentro el centro de el temor,
me doy cuenta que verdaderamente no hay nada a temer.
Puedo crear dramas,
dificultades, y "que pasa" situaciones -
pero todo es en mi cabeza.
Nada es real…no estoy verdaderamente viviendo.
Prefiero tratar, experimentar, y si Dios desea,
con tiempo, las decisiones serán  tomadas con sabiduría.
Hay fe en mi percepción,
y esa misma fe es la que abrirá las puertas correctas.


No comments:

Post a Comment