Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Live / Vivo

As I look at myself, I see the signs of age.
And not in an unhealthy capacity,
rather, I'm aware of what is going on.
My initial reaction is a little nostalgic,
as I remember the days when I was really young.
It was thrilling to have no care and live freely.
Nowadays, there's a lot more thought and caution.
But with time, experience is gained.
It's a blessing to age
and see life from another perspective.
I think of this daily -
two years ago, I almost slipped away…
this creates more gratitude for life,
experiences and lives I come across.
It's so easy to take things for granted,
even just waking up another day…
because of this, I remember, and I live.

Cuando me miro, veo los signos de edad.
Y no en una forma insana,
más bien estoy alerta a lo que esta alrededor.
Mi reacción inicial es un poco nostálgica,
porque recuerdo los días cuando estaba mas joven.
Fué divertido el no tener preocupaciones y vivir libremente.
Hoy día, hay  consideración y cautela.
Pero con tiempo, se gana experiencia.
Es una bendición envejecer  
y ver la vida con otra perspectiva.
Todos los días pienso -
hace dos años, casi perdí la vida...
esto crea mas gratitud por la vida,
experiencias, y las personas en mi vida.
Es fácil sentir que merecemos todo,
hasta el despertar a un nuevo día...
por esto, recuerdo y vivo.


No comments:

Post a Comment