Friday, November 19, 2010

Abuelo

I remember you and the strength you exuded…
and though you were strong, your smile showed me love.
I remember being a child, how you played with me -
you were never too busy or too macho to be silly.
I think of you often and wish I could hear more words -
all your wise sayings, your funny anecdotes,
the stories that created your legacy…
The innocence of childhood kept me from seeing your depth 
but now as an adult, I recall certain memories.
You were brilliant as you knew your actions
would be impressionable to a child…
I miss you Abuelo, yet know you're still with me -
I loved you then and will love you always…
Happy Birthday Papa Alfonso

Me acuerdo de ti y la fuerza que tenias…
y fuiste fuerte, pero tu sonrisa siempre demostró amor.
en mi niñez, recuerdo como jugaste conmigo -
nunca estabas muy ocupado ni fuiste machista para ser divertido.
Pienso mucho en ti y desearía escuchar mas tus palabras -
tus dichos sabios, anécdotas chistosas,
las historias que crearon tu legado…
La inocencia de mi juventud no me permitió observar tu profundidad
pero ahora como adulta, recuerdo memorias increíbles.
Fuiste un genio, sabio en tus  aciones,
e impresionante para una niña…
te extraño Abuelo, y se que sigues conmigo -
te amé antes, te amaré siempre...
Feliz Cumpleaños Papa Alfons


No comments:

Post a Comment