Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Daughter of... / La Hija de...

Mom,
You've seen things in life 
I can never imagine.
Your heart carried pains
I can't gratify enough.
And you did this all to give
my brother and I new opportunities.
Dad,
Your philosophies in life -
gave breathe to the ideas in my mind.
Your structure and discipline 
are examples I use now.
Your ability to tell a story
fuels my existence today.
Driving this morning, 
I thought of you and realized,
if I see beauty in life -
it's because you two…
if I am kind to a stranger -
it's because I learned that from you…
if my heart is an ocean of love -
it's because the examples you gave me.
Anything I am is because of you...
I am the daughter of two amazing souls.

Mamá,
Tu haz visto cosas en la vida 
que nunca me imagino.
Tu corazón cargó dolores
que no puedo gratificar suficiente.
E hiciste todo esto por darnos 
a mi hermano y a mi nuevas oportunidades.
Papa,
Tus filosofías de la vida
dieron aire a las ideas en mi mente.
Tu estructura y disciplina 
son ejemplos que uso diariamente.
Tu habilidad de relatar una historia
es el aliciente a mi existencia.
Manejando hoy día, pensé en ustedes
y me di cuenta,
que si veo belleza en el mundo -
es por ustedes…
si soy amable con un desconocido -
es por que lo aprendi de ustedes - 
si mi corazón es un océano de amor -
es por el ejemplo que me dieron.
Todo lo que soy es por ustedes...
Soy la hija de dos almas increíbles.


No comments:

Post a Comment