Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Butterfly Pier / Muelle de Mariposa

As I run along the water…
I am drawn to a pier.
I don't know why or what is calling me,
But there is something I must observe.
Looking closely,
I start to witness specific occurrences.
There is a young couple,
Looking so deep into each other,
You can tell their souls are captivated.
Also, there is couple with age,
Who hold hands and smile like they are teenagers.
Furthermore, a young mother swings her little girl,
and the sound of the little girl's belly laugh,
Sounds like an angel.
Then, a boat floats by on the beautiful water.
There is group and laughter accessorizes their connection.
As I realized what I just saw,
A butterfly flies over my head.
Now, I am smiling.
I look down as my shadow leads the way,
And we recognize we firsthand witnessed,
Symbols of love.

Cuando corro por la agua… 
soy atraida a un muelle. 
no sé porque ni qie me llama, 
pero hay algo que tengo que observar. 
Al acercarme, diferentes acontecimientos ocurren. 
Hay una pareja joven, 
Mirandose profundo el uno al otro,
Como almas fascinadas. 
También, hay la pareja de edad, 
tomadas de la manos sonriendo como si fueran adolescentes. 
Una madre joven columpia a su niña, 
y la risa de la niña, 
suena como la de un ángel. 
Entonces un barco flota sobre el agua hermosa. 
Las sonrisas conectan como accesorio. 
Cuando me doy cuenta de lo que vi, 
una mariposa vuela sobre mi cabeza. 
Ahora qual sonria soy yo. 
Miro hacia abajo, con mi sombra por delante,
y reconocemos que vimos,
los símbolos del amor. 






2 comments:

  1. Shirley, solo para tu informacion, la palabra pier representa "MUELLE" no puente.
    Gracias

    ReplyDelete