Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Live / Vivir

I've experienced a lot of hardships recently;
I need to make an internal shift.
Not because I need to just be happy,
rather because I need to remember 
I am still living.
I've learned great lessons from those
recently deceased.
I've had great conversions
and gained amazing insights
by those who are sick around me.
If I could incorporate what I've seen and heard,
it would sound something like this:
"live life while you can 
because tomorrow is not guaranteed."
Though mourning and struggling 
with emotions is a part of life,
I have to choose to push beyond it.
So, I say to myself…
I will live in honor of the lessons I've learned.
I will live in the moment, not taking a second for granted.
I will live to appreciate what is around me…
I give thanks to life.

Recientemente he experimentado bastante dificultades;
Necesito cambiar mi perspectiva.
No solo porque deseo ser feliz,
pero también porque debo recordar
que todavía estoy con vida.
He aprendido lecciones bellas 
de los que murieron recientemente.
He tenido grandes conversaciones, 
y  revelaciones increíbles 
de enfermos a mi alrededor.
Se podría complementar 
lo que he visto y escuchado,
con algo parecido:
"Vive la vida mientras tienes la oportunidad
porque el mañana no está garantizado"
Y aunque el luto y tener dificultades
emocionales son parte de la vida,
tengo que dejar el pasado atrás.
Entonces, me digo a mi  misma…
Voy a vivir, dar honor a las lecciones que he aprendido.
Voy a vivir para el momento, y no tomar nada por concesión.
Voy a vivir para apreciar lo que esta a mi alrededor...
Le doy gracias a la vida.






No comments:

Post a Comment