Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fulfillment / Realización

In talking to a friend today,
we talked about fulfillment.
What does it really mean?
Is it how much money I make,
what possessions I own…
or is it how I look and dress?
What fulfills me?
I can fundamentally say,
when you're in a hospital bed,
none of those thoughts cross your mind.
Laying in a hospital, I thought of God,
my family, friends, pets…
all those I had a connection to.
"Did I do enough or say enough?"
was the broken record in my head.
And I realized at that moment, I hadn't.
Not purposely but rather
because I was so wrapped up in my life
and things that were not that important.
Thankfully, I survived and was given 
another chance to do it all again.
There is not one day that I don't appreciate
and realize, even in bad moments,
how lucky I am to be here…
The outcome of my life
is tied to my perception and attitude.
I think before I say and do, 
and love is always my center…
this is what fulfills me now.

Conversando hoy con una amiga,
hablamos de realización.
Cual es realmente su definición?
Es cuanto dinero gano,
que posesiones tengo…
como me veo o visto?
Que me hace sentir realizada?
Yo puedo hablar con fundamento
cuando se esta en la cama del hospital,
ninguno de estos pensamientos cruzan en la mente.
Acostada en el hospital, pensé en Dios,
mi familia, amistades, mis mascotas…
todos con los que tuve una conexión.
"Hice o dije suficiente?"
eran las palabras que resonaban en mi cabeza.
Y me di cuenta en ese momento, que no hice suficiente.
No a propósito, mas bien
estaba envuelta en mi propia vida
y en cosas que no eran importantes.
Afortunadamente, sobrevivi y tuve 
otra oportunidad para tener vida de nuevo.
No hay un día que verdaderamente no aprecie,
y me doy cuenta hasta en los momentos difíciles,
que afortunada soy por estar con vida.
El resultado de mi vida
esta ligado a mi percepción y actitud.
Pienso antes de hablar o actuar,
y el amor es siempre mi centro…
esto es lo que me realiza ahora.


1 comment:

  1. Butterfly:

    Amen :) The world is a better place with you on it..............my story is different. But, the end result is the same. I am grateful and so happy to have a second chance.

    <3

    ReplyDelete