Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Simple Truth / Verdad Sencilla

Another year has gone by,
this year seems faster than last.
So many lessons learned -
should I be disappointed, angry, 
or judgmental because things have been hard?
The question I ask is, what do I contribute to this thought?
Do I feed the frenzy of negative self-talk?
Do I partake in what ends up a negative?
No…I simply pray to keep my heart and mind
protected from such unnecessary rhetoric.
I pray that people will one day understand,
life goes by faster than any of us know.
When I speak to elders now, and talk about life,
the constant advice I hear is,
"Make your life count - do not waste time 
in what will not bring joy not only in your life,
but the life of others"
For this reason, I choose to see life differently.
Love is the reason I am here today.
One day, my nieces and nephews will talk to me,
as I talk to my elders today…
I will share with them,
"commit yourself to love and love alone…
through love, God will guide you"
and this is a simple truth.

Otro año ha pasado,
este año mas rápido que el anterior.
Aprendí tantas lecciones -
debería estar decepcionada, enojada,
o juzgar porque las cosas han sido difíciles?
¿La pregunta es, que contribución doy con este pensamiento?
¿alimento la histeria y lo negativo en mi mente?
¿Participo en lo que se convertirá en negativo?
No….con sencillez rezo para que mi corazón y mente
sean protegidos de la retórica innecesaria.
Rezo en que un día las personas se den cuenta
que la vida pasa mas rápido de lo que pensamos.
Ahora cuando converso con gente mayor de la vida,
el consejo constante que escucho es,
"Haga que su vida cuente - no pierda tiempo 
en lo que no traiga felicidad no solo a su vida,
pero a la vida de otros"
Por esta razón, yo decido ver la vida diferente.
Amor es la razón por lo cuál estoy aquí.
Un día, mis sobrinas y sobrinos me hablarán 
como yo converso con los mayores hoy día…
Compartiré con ellos,
"comprometa su persona a amar y ame solamente…
con amor, Dios le guía"
y esta es una verdad sencilla.


No comments:

Post a Comment