Thursday, June 23, 2011

Captured / Capturado

Yesterday, things seemed simpler…
maybe it was youth, and a carefree perspective,
where the realities of life didn't matter so much.
But now there is something in the air,
something captured my attention.
Will I have to face ghosts of the past?
Will I have to alter things drastically?
Will I have to be a different person?
As I ask these questions,
a voice warms my heart and says, "no"
What should occur is a profound appreciation for my life…
and I should recognize I am here for a purpose.
Even the days when it feels like it's raining sideways…
that's not powerful enough to quiet the one talking to me.
My attention has been called on,
and it's up to me to do what's right.

Anteriormente, las cosas eran mas simples…
puede ser la juventud, y una perspectiva sin preocupaciones,
que las realidades de la vida no fueron tan importantes.
Pero ahora hay algo en el aire,
algo que ha capturado mi atención.
¿Tengo que enfrentar los fantasmas del pasado?
¿Tengo que cambiar drásticamente?
¿Tengo que ser una persona diferente?
Cuando hago estas preguntas,
una voz interna en mi corazón dice "no"
Lo que debe ocurrir es una apreciación profunda de mi vida…
debo reconocer que el estar aquí tiene un propósito.
Hasta en los días que siento que llueve de lado…
no hay poder suficiente a silenciar la voz que me habla.
Mi atención ha sido llamada,
y depende en mi hacer lo correcto.



No comments:

Post a Comment