Monday, August 22, 2011

Life - Phone? / Vida - Telefono?

I'm on my way to New York…
and as I wait, I'm observing the view.
The most precious child ran by 
as his mother gave him freedom while she protected.
A woman turned up her charm with a man,
and the energy of the flirtation became contagious…
A sweet older couple walked hand in hand.
And those in my immediate surrounding,
almost all had their head down
texting, facebooking, or twittering.
They were all around me, but they were not there.
At least twenty minutes have gone by…
I've seen life, laughter, and love…
I don't think my phone has this same effect.

Estoy en camino a Nueva York…
y esperando, observo mi alredor.
Un niño precioso acabó de correr cerca de mi
y su mamá le dió libertad mientras lo protegía.
Una mujer dio una sonrisa grande a un hombre
y la energia del coqueteo fué contagiosa…
Una pareja mayor caminó tomados de las manos.
Y los que estaban a mi alrededor,
casi todos tenían sus cabezas mirando bajo
texting, facebooking o twittering.
Todos cerca de mi, pero ninguno estaba allí.
Veinte minutos han pasado…
yo he observado vida, riza y amor…
no creo que mi teléfono tenga el mismo efecto.




1 comment: