Friday, September 9, 2011

Follow My Dreams / Seguir Mis Sueños

For years I felt the pressure
of not having one specific focus.
My talents and passions were very broad.
At times I was told, "you're too all over the place"
and at times those words held me down.
But today, I look back and see something clearly - 
I wasn't mindlessly all over…
On the other hand, I gained strength and courage
in not fearing new opportunities.
I wasn't scared to reinvent, discover or explore.
I lived to the fullest with highs and lows…
and all situations of the past resulted in today…
a position to truly follow my dreams.

Por años sentí la presión
de no tener un enfoque especifico.
Mis talentos y pasiones eran amplios.
A veces escuche, "estas en muchos lugares a la vez"
y a veces esas palabras me aguantaron.
Pero hoy miro el pasado y veo algo claro -
no estuve en todo sin razón.
Por el contrario, gané fuerza y valor
en no temer a nuevas oportunidades.
No hubo temor a reinventar, descubrir, o explorar.
Viví a el máximo con altos y bajos…
y todas las situaciones del pasado resultaron en hoy…
en posición a verdaderamente seguir mis sueños.



1 comment: